Thread: Mac's survey
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #105
Russ/40

Default Re: Mac's survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree View Post
I have to say overall that I like Mac's and order from them more than anyone else. I received a survey too and told them that the biggest issue is not shipping, not personnel, not the pricing, but the quality of some of their parts. For example, last summer when I installed a newly rebuilt flathead V-8 in my `51 Ford pickup, I put in a new pressure plate, new clutch and new throw out bearing, all made in China from Mac's. Within a day or so the clutch started chattering and the throw out bearing was squealing. It is a lot of work to pull the transmission to replace these items once again. I found a USA made throw out bearing and hopefully can get an original Ford pressure plate and clutch rebuilt at Fort Wayne Clutch. Still, it is a lot work for something that should have been right to start with. I know new American parts are almost impossible to come by, but I would be willing to pay more and be a lot happier with good quality American made parts. Other than that I have no beef with Mac's. Their prices are competitive with other vendors and I ordered some parts late yesterday and they shipped today, and I did not pay extra for the fast ship option...

Bud Reynolds
Cottageville, WV
One thing I agree with, and simply can't understand why you continue to buy from them, is, if the quality is bad why buy from them? That has been my complaint about them, is they don't carry the best quality part when a few sources are available. More Chinese stuff than the other vendors. Their prices are often lower, but not always.

Last edited by Russ/40; 02-02-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Russ/40 is offline   Reply With Quote