View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #2
Royce P

Default Re: 23 t touring buzz coils

They need to be rebuilt and then adjusted properly using either an original hand cranked coil tester or a Strobe O Spark. There are other quack devices out there that are advertised as being capable for this job but they are simply not.

The coils won't work properly unless they are adjusted properly. It may be that your coils simply need to be adjusted, or they could need complete overhaul. Best bet is to send them to one of the folks who do this. Cost is reasonable and they will be back to you in a week or two. Contact Ron the coil man at:

Ron Patterson
407 Stonegate Drive. Nicholasville, KY 40356.
(859) 881-1677 FAX: 859-881-1793
E-mail:[email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie55 View Post
Hi to all.. quick question for all the model t gurus out there, First Im the proud new care taker of a 1923 ford T touring car purchase at auction only weeks ago that was supposedly in a southern museum for many,many years. Im really new to the T's..the previous owner say's 1 of the 4 coil box's are bad..after taking them out it looks like maybe 3 of 4 are bad + they had a 12 volt battery in car. I was wondering if i should try to rebuild my own, buy from re-builders on ebay or from maybe Snyder or mac's.what is a fair price?.some of the you-tube video's talk about coils only costing $5 buck at swap-meets. Ive not had a chance to go to any swap-meets yet & id like to get her running know for summer..Any help would be great
1917 Torpedo Runabout
Royce P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)