View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 07:13 AM   #31
LD-Ordie

Default Re: T5 trany in 55 wagon

Thanks DD, thinking of removing the chunk with the 3 holes just to allow more adj for drive shaft angle after it's in. But really think cutting out the center of that cross member is the way to go, but will bolt it back in afterwards incase it needs to be removed down the road. Gotta think others have installed the trany with the engine, but might need the radiator support removed first? Not a lot of talk on doing this swap, hard to believe....... Found the blue 56 you shared on the Y block forever site, but he has had no activity in 4 years. Still trying to reach out to him via a PM. Everything is a chain reaction. My mig welder is a Lincoln SP-250. Last couple of times using it, it was acting up like a bad ground. Have determined the stinger assembly needs to be replaced. When I put the 55 on the lift, went to use the mobil air lifts and the plastic reservoirs had cracked from the sun, now waiting on new ones. always something.....Thinking I need this bike ride to clear my head and allow parts to come in. Also might cool of a bit, got up to 118 yesterday with Death Valley approaching 130, only 60 miles away. Thanks again for all your feed back, I hope others are reading all of this and or may be of some assistance to folks down the road
LD-Ordie is offline   Reply With Quote