View Single Post
Old 06-17-2021, 04:36 PM   #30
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: T5 trany in 55 wagon

[QUOTE=LD-Ordie;2027362]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
So latest new challenge , the car has a cross member that the trany needs to have the tail section be fed over before attempting to instal into the bellhausing. In my case, it's not possible to do as there is not enough room between the car tunnel and cross member. Tried stabbing it on it's side, but still no way. Just wondering what others have done?

Man, it's always something! I have two POSSIBILITIES. First would be attempting to "FLEX" the floor UPWARD right at that point above the crossmember. You could use a floor jack to raise a 2 X 4 piece of lumber, pushing against that part of the floor. I don't know how much you'd have to raise the floor to alleviate the interference.

Second possibility.....If it would give you the room you need to fit, you can cut or grind-away that big, thick aluminum tab on the bottom of the tail shaft housing with the three holes in it directly below the shifter. You can also trim-away that thin aluminum FIN just in front of the big, thick, three-holed tab. AND....I don't see anything wrong with your cut & re-weld plan if it comes to that. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote