View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 08:19 AM   #28
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: T5 trany in 55 wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD-Ordie View Post
Totally agree on the built in stops, even though I rarely power shift my cars anymore. So this outfit I shared offers their shifters with or without the stops. I'm leaning towards them because of the multiple options regarding stick locations. I did read the B&M link, good info there. Looked everywhere, it appears the Ripper is no longer available? So my ring gear came in today, yoke tomorrow, maybe I'll get most of it back together, just need to entice a friend to come over to stab the trany. I hurt my back some years ago, so I try to minimize doing dumb things now. My lift is also outside, and it's now getting up to 115, so being a wimp and limiting my time outside. Thanks agin for the assist!!
LD .....Man, if that gold-colored shifter has built-in stops, by all means, I'd go with it too 'cuz it also makes the shifter's eventual location so adjustable. Sounds like you have everything almost together. One last little bit of trivia....these T5s are all METRIC. Being a Chevy-kind of guy, I'm going to assume that the four large bolts that hold the Mustang trans to the Ford bellhousing are 1/2" diameter bolts. Before you or one of your buddies go to lift that trans in place, make sure the four bellhousing bolts will fit through the four holes in the transmission. Being a metric-sized trans, when you go to fit the four Chevy (1/2") bolts through the four holes in an aluminum Chevy T5 case, the holes in the case are just a blond hair TOO small to let that 1/2" bolt slide through. If so, you need to take a 1/2" bit in a hand-held drill and ream the four holes out in the aluminum case.....just so y'all ain't caught by surprise holding that heavy trans up over your buddie's head. Let us know how it's goin'. It's 100º here too, although not as bad as where you guys are. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote