View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #45
hardtimes

Default Re: The making of a cylinder head

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Miller View Post
Is this easier than making a banger head from a V8 head? I've spoken to Frick and he required big $$$$ for any of a dozen different OHV heads that he showed me. Your work/skill makes us envious. Keep up your great work! Rick
__________________________________________________ ____________________

Good question, I'm not sure it is not easy putting a olds 455 head on a, A engine. you have to move the mounting bolts which end up in the water jacket. Same way with the push rod holes, weld in a spacer block and stop exhaust from going through the center of the head.

Bill Stipe Put a chev v8 head on a Model A he had to do about the same.
We will find out when we are done which is easier. I'm thinking it is a 80 hour job to make this head. That is why Frick has to have big money.
George,
Yeah, You/Frick/Stipe are my images of what can be and inspirational for A/B incurable speed afflictions. I've seen your contributions in sharing freely with us here, over the years! I've watched Stipe grow also and have some of his great equipment(hmm, where's that OHV head..he keeps promising..see his site!). Please keep posting your progress on this project. And, thanks for all you've done for us in sharing your knowledge. lol Rick
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote