View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 06:01 PM   #16
dmsfrr

Default Re: Back-up Lights 1957 Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolplayer1 View Post
I don't have the same problem with my wagon but I do have a problem with it starting up on any gear. The other day I was working under the dash and had to move the shifter down to give me more room to fit in there.Well,after I got done under the dash,I went inside the house to eat some breakfast.When I got back to the wagon,I reached tru the window to turn the engine over and the darn thing started and moved some but I turned it off real fast.It scared the heck out of me. It was in drive mode and still started.
So, I think I am missing a neautral switch on the tranny or something. What do I need to fix this problem? I have a C4 automatic tranny.
If someone has a diagram of the wiring for this circuit,can you please post it here or send me a private mail. I need to fix this before I have a self driving car. Thanks.
You'll likely need a mounting bracket and NSS switch that match the (C4) transmission you have, if yours is missing.
Or, the mounting location may be on the steering column. (not familiar with the Wagons)

The neutral safety switch is placed into the wiring between the "Start" position of the key switch and the "S" terminal stud of the starter solenoid. That's the terminal that triggers the solenoid, powering the starter motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg starter-solenoid-wiring-diagram c.jpg (51.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Solenoid - 4 Terminal Wiring.jpg (178.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by dmsfrr; 06-16-2020 at 10:56 PM.
dmsfrr is offline   Reply With Quote