View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 10:08 PM   #8
Tudortomnz

Default Re: USA Victor AF small bore gasket .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchro909 View Post
A few years ago, I bought a gear box which I'm sure hadn't been tampered with since new. it had been through a bush fire. The gears, shafts etc were as soft as cheese. I had them all rehardened and ressembled it with new bearings. I noticed that all of the old bearings were Italian. Did Henry source bearings from Italy?
Syncro, no Henry did not have off shore suppliers. He screwed down local suppliers to get lowest price. Some 'foreign' [eg. Australian] assembled Model A's did contain a certain amount of local sourced items, but this only complied local govt content requirements. Basically, no one could guarantee lowest supply costs than that directly procured by Ford US or Canada.
The parts ex Argentina & Britain I mentioned were after market items & were often made in places that still had many Model A's on the road or the industry to make & supply demand . Here in NZ, old stock A parts were still to be found in Ford Dealers up to early '60's but often dumped or sold off cheaply then or earlier. After this, the foreign made parts started to appear. Cheers
Tudortomnz is offline   Reply With Quote