Thread: Prices Up ?
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 08:09 AM   #8
WHN

Default Re: Prices Up ?

We should be having this conversation over a couple of beers.

Having sold what I think was a very good, well cared for, early 80’s redone, mechanically restored, body redone but not taken completely apart car. Sold in Hemmings, gone in less than two weeks. Three serious buyers, including one from England. No question on price, price listed was price received. Received just under $20,000.00. Sport Coupe.

My personal view is that if you have a body style that is fun to drive and look at. A car that is very well sorted out mechanically. Has not been overly personalized. Whether a 20 footer or a nut and bolt restoration. It will sell and the prices are in most cases higher than what we see on e-bay.

Most of the cars that I have looked at for sale are just old cars that have been worked on by many different owners over 90 years. If they were a 10 year old modern car, they would be going to the scrap yard. Most of these cars are going back to the barn over the next few years with continued aging of cars and owners.

Solid, well maintained, attractive body style cars will be in demand. Restored or unrestored.

The secret is stock, solid, well maintained cars.

Last edited by WHN; 06-07-2019 at 08:40 AM.
WHN is offline   Reply With Quote