View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 10:34 PM   #457
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Tubman, Ford Folks,
Even if this doesnt work I will always think it should have! Seems like a pretty good band-aid so far.

Adjustable tappets installed. Old solid lifter in center:

These are very stiff single adjusters recommended by Joe at Snyder's. Used this set up to adjust them prior to install. got me in the ballpark at about 2.500 tall. I like these! Set lash to .013-.014. That should give it a chance to breath correctly if it ever runs! Found a thin 1/2 inch wrench for the tappet and a 7-16 for the adjuster.

So the large divot on the cam gear is for the timing pin to engage correct? The small dot is the timing mark for alignment with the crank gear? Correct? Just learning and want to get he crank and cam in correct engagement position.

Also the new radiator looks like just the ticket for the 32! Thanks to a Ford Barn member for passing along the word I needed one. And the 32 cap fits perfect! Another piece of the puzzle!

Can some one give me a clue on rear main seals in these 4 bangers? I see a cork gasket that looks like it would go over the rear main and the pan would engage it??
Since I have never done one of these I need some guidance/ instructions on crank seals??

I did attempt to hive a swarm of Honey bees tonight. Always fun! More wood working also, plus mowed the lawn with the Ford Jubilee!

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 09-01-2021 at 10:41 PM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote