View Single Post
Old 02-20-2021, 07:52 PM   #55
Ronnieroadster

Wink Re: Why not a new casting

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
Unless I misunderstand you, you are misunderstanding me. I'm talking a real hemi-head, not just a valve cover. (That comes under the same heading as "Rocket Olds" valve covers on a Chevy.) Since a SBC and a flathead are about the same size, once you get the new stuff bolted on (assuming it's done correctly), there wouldn't be much showing underneath giving it away. Since there have been hemi-head conversions for SBC's in the past, most of the technology already exists. Two relatively simple castings (the head and the front cover) should take hell of a lot less money and effort that an entire flathead block.

Don Feguson already makes an Ardun head for a chevy small block. In the 60's there was another conversion made for the small block which was also a look alike to the Ardun. Both of these conversions are and were limited production meaning EXPENSIVE. Why waste money on a look alike just save up until you can get the real thing.
First ever gas burning Ford flathead powered roadster to run 200 MPH at Bonneville Salt Flats setting the record August 7th 2021 at 205.744 MPH
Ronnieroadster is offline   Reply With Quote