View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 04:44 PM   #15
daveymc29

Default Re: Electric draw with key off

mshmodela, Thanks for the color diagram. I copied that a while back and have been using it to determine the source of my problem. I have disconnected each wire from everything but the junction bow, ammeter and the pop-out switch, (Which I'm told to get rid of.)After each disconnect I retested and the result is always the same. Slight draw that dies out but returns when I remove the test light. I had a later ignition switch a while back and found that I had to tweak it a lot to get it to not hit the gas tank when I put the dash back together and after a few months the wire connection on on side broke off from vibration, or something, so I put the pop-out back in. I get a better spark with the pop-out for some reason. Besides, I like it, so it will stay and if necessary I'll put a switch to kill all electricity to the car in the negative battery cable. Probably a good move anyway. Thanks for your help, I have done almost everything you guys suggested, except chucking the pop-out. I did test it before installation when the later model ignition with broke and it showed no draw when off, not shorted then, may be now but the car runs real well. Again thanks.
daveymc29 is offline   Reply With Quote