View Single Post
Old 10-31-2014, 08:05 AM   #13
Terry,NJ

Default Re: Looking for help

Tnewton, I'm pulling my engine now so I'm in the middle of this operation and intensely familiar with it. First, Take the hood and floor boards off/out. Then the light bar and lights pull it forward, then the grill shell, pull them both forward out of your way. I forgot to tell you to drain your radiator 1st. Drain and remove your radiator being extra careful not to damage the fins. Disconnect the fuel line and remove the manifolds w/carburetor and tie them back away from the engine. Disconnect all linkage and wiring marking with tape where each wire goes. Disconnect the wish bone underneath.
It's just two bolts that keep the ball captive, This allows you access to the two lowest bolts of the bell housing. Which is where I separate the engine from the transmission. You may want to pull the trans with the engine. in which case you'll leave the trans attached to the engine and make the disconnect at the universal joint, Both are feasible. But before you do all this, you'll have to locate a lifting source, a tree, strong over head beam, a machine with a boom. I have a Case Backhoe that I use. Well, you're started! More to follow
Terry
Terry,NJ is offline   Reply With Quote