View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 09:44 PM   #178
TomT/Williamsburg

Default Re: Making a Run to the LA Roadster Show and Beyond

Yep, company, it's the same setup. It is massive for sure ....

ThevPeublo Rocky Mountain Nats are in the books - 2080 something in attendance, breaking their record by about 120 cars. None of our group won anything other than a great time. One kid from Richmond won a nsracreps pic and one of the three $3k cash prizes. Earl and I did introduce ourselves - he had a Mod A p-up with either a 348 or 409 and it was a well deserved award for the truck. Night time cruising through the fairgrounds went on until about 11pm both Fri-Sat nights with a lot of cruising and we had a good time.

The airplane engined car - more info - the engine is reversersed and the truck is front wheel drive by something similar to a blower drive belt to a pulley gets the front wheels moving. I could not get close enough to take any further pics today but I hope someone else can chime in .....

We had some repairs on Pete's car today - his Holley 4 bbl was giving him trouble, stripped bolt holes, etc, and he cobbled together another carb to get home with a spare from another member of our group. Then, this evening after dinner I was hearing some noise in the driver front tire area. Turns out the lugs of the wide five adapter to the drum had loosened. Snugged them up and we are ready for tomorrow.

We are off to Edmond, OK north of Oklahoma City and Tuesday will be spent driving Rt 66 to Cuba Missouri where we will stay at the Wagon Wheel Motel, an iconnn Rt 66 and one of the original motels on Rt 66. The last two days we will run up to interstate 64 from St Louis back to Williamsburg, about 950 miles in the last two days.

Any Barner in the Edmond, OK area let me know here and perhaps we can meet up tomorrow night ....

Pics - first two are the boys at b-fast, the amphitheatre where the awards ceremony was held, and the boyze - Pete Stringer, and very well known racecar driver in Colorado, myself, Earl,cand Bob Padilla - both Pete and Bob I met at Bonnwville in 2013 .....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160626_085623647.jpg (92.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160626_085628089.jpg (90.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160626_122748740_HDR.jpg (72.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160626_170844336.jpg (49.1 KB, 44 views)
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote