View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #22
Keith True

Default Re: High cost of licensing a Model A

Joe,you must be getting your plates through the town clerk instead of going through the DMV.It avoids going to the DMV,but you pay fees for it.I just renewed 4 antiques,they were $15.per month each.The town part was $9.each,and the state part $6.each.The state bases it on 50 cents per month.I added two new registrations,it was still $15.total each.Most towns are now plate outlets for the state,but they all have varying fees to do it.There are no plate fees through the state.Depending where you are it can save you a lot of time.I'm in Epping,one mile from the registry.No tax,(well,the town tax that is in the $9).YOM plates are free.Just show them the plate,they record it,and hand you a hand written certificate saying you can use it.I don't know if you are aware of it,but no inspection is required when the vehicle reaches 60 years of age.Unless the word has gotten out most police officers will tell you that the inspection law says pre-49 is exempt.Most are unaware that the law was amended to set the age at 60 years and moves up every year.I have the amendment printed out and carry it to show.The state website is horrible to navigate,there are lots of laws that are couched in other voted in blocks that are hard to find.Seat belts aren't required for kids either,but the year cutoff for that has bounced between 1966 and 1968.Most seemed unaware of that too,so I carry a copy of the seatbelt law with me.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)