View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #14
RB_Nielsen

Default Re: Which Carb is best, and why?

Marvel carb restoration guy:
T. jr (JR) Bullock
976 Country Road 2310
Texarkana, TX 75503
903-748-8299
[email protected]

JR is one of the nicest guys in the business, and has been restoring Model A carbs for many years and Marvel carbs are a specialty. I purchased a restored Marvel from him last year, bolted it on to my '31 that I thought I had completely cleaned out the gas tank. Before long the carb developed problems, so I called JR and he said I needed to immediately send it back, which I did. The very day it arrived JR apparently took it apart, and found it was clogged with rust particles. He cleaned it out, then re-tested it on his own Model A, and sent it back at no additional cost to me along with a micro-filter that he admonished I put in-line with the carb. Last thing he said was I should be sure to contact him with any additional problems with the carb, but reassured me it was running fine on his "A." The in-line filter works great, and the Marvel has run great ever since. Like others who have one installed, I get noticeably more power from it than the rebuilt Zenith or the non-rebuilt Tilley I had on before cleaning out the gas tank.
RB_Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote