Thread: TT build
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 07:20 AM   #1
JoeBauer

Default TT build

I am building a TT and would like to post pictures, descriptions, and get advice along the way. I am not a mechanic and I am fairly new to T's, so this is basically a learning experience for me. This seems like a good forum to post it because with my thread on firing order I found friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people read this forum.

I started the description and pictures on another forum where the T people were friendly and knowledgeable, but it devolved as posters felt they had to inject their religious and political views. Back in my day people were not rude enough to try to force their beliefs on others, those times seem to have changed to where you have to decide if someone's religious and political beliefs jive with one's own in order to determine if you like them or not. Be that as it may, I left that forum, I am building a TT not discussing religion and politics. Please, if you have some religious and political observations do not post them here.

I have three T's! One is a TT with a top speed of 15 mph, converted to a limo, and I have given hundreds of rides in it. Another is a speedster which will run 60 mph, has 4 wheel hydraulic disc brakes, and is my daily driver is the temp is over 40* and it is not raining.

The third is the subject of this thread. It is a TT which I took down to the chassis. I intend to build it into a reliable, road worthy vehicle which will run 45 mph safely.

So far I have painted the chassis, installed a rebuilt Ruckstell rear with 5:1 gears, installed a Warford, and got the engine in place. The engine had been rebuilt a while ago, I have installed a Z head, a high volume intake with a Stromberg OF, coilbox with rebuilt coils 3 starters (one at a time), a generator grounded so it won't burn up, and an I Timer.

It runs very well, I have a hose set up to flow water through the head while it is running and I have run it about thirty minutes, mostly while adjusting the carburetor and timer.

there is much left to do, some days I get no time to work on it, but it is a learning experience with no set time to finish. At my present rate it will probably take a couple of years!

The next project is to install a magneto accessory oiler. Ford had an internal oiler with a funnel to catch oil and pipe it to the front of the engine. This can get blocked so accessory oilers were very popular, there were many varieties. The magneto accessory oiler replaces the magneto post with a combination magneto post and oil pick up. The oil is directed to the front of the engine externally. I will post pictures as I go along.

The following pictures show where the build is now. There is so much to do that I find it easy to get confused and overwhelmed. I just try to do a little at a time, right now I am trying to get everything exactly right on the engine before I put in the firewall and radiator.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06124.JPG (153.8 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06125.JPG (143.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06126.JPG (142.9 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06127.JPG (148.9 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06128.JPG (146.4 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06129.JPG (134.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06132.JPG (149.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06133.JPG (143.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06135.JPG (137.5 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06131.JPG (147.7 KB, 31 views)
JoeBauer is offline   Reply With Quote