View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #733
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post
That reminds me of what my Dad used to tell about when the Model A came out (he was a teenager then). This may have been part of a popular song, even. Anyway, it's "Henry's made a lady out of Lizzie!".
Just checked the internet. Yep, it was a popular song. neat to listen to!
Following Deluxe 40’s comment on Music.

I like many olden day things. I particularly like old music. If you know your way around this old music you will discover that much of today’s modern music is old music rehashed and mostly trashed.
I have a small computer with music from the ModelA’s era installed. This plays to a blue tooth speaker. If you have difficulty in understanding all this intricate and complex stuff I’ll tell you how its done. Go to a gathering of young people, that is kids aged 4 and upwards and ask for help. If they wear their cap back to front they are better . Rips and tears in their jeans, better still. Ear rings, even better again. Long hair and pimples is the best. They just enjoy showing up oldies and will take over what seems like a daunting and insurmountable task simply to demonstrate the skill they have and we don't. I take this electronic wizardry to vintage car and Model A meets. It’s great music and I’ll list just what songs I have recorded for these events. They are all found on the internet.
Yes Mr Deluxe 40, “Henry’s made a lady out of Lizzy”.
Billy Murray “getout and get under”
Billy Murray and Ada Jones “come Josephine in my flying machine”
Zinfield Folly’s. “Row row row”
Dixieland Crackerjacks “Alexanders Ragtime Band”
The last three have no association with the Model Ahowever Ford did make a 3 engined aeroplane so I have included “come Josephine”in the selection. The last 2 have no relationship at all but are great music oft hat day. I am missing “the Charleston” but when I find a kid that meets the above criteria I shall have it installed.
All Billy Murray songs are worth a listen. Likewise Mapleleaf Rag too and we shall thank an American negro by the name of Scott Joplin for that. Joplin composed considerable jazz and Dixieland music and died a poor man with an incurable, at the time, disease.
My yard and surrounds have many high and mature eucalypt or gum trees. For this reason both radio and TV signals are weak so we get both off the internet. Our radio is small and is really an inexpensive computer. It receives something like 10,000 stations that broadcast through the internet. That gives us a huge selection of broadcasts of all genres including oldies from all around the world. I’d recommend this internet radio and they can be purchased on ebay. Illustrated in picture. AUD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg internet radio.jpg (51.0 KB, 8 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote