View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 07:01 PM   #351
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Monarchy or Republic.

Well 40Delux this is how it goes. There are mixed thoughts in Australia on whether to retain a monarchy or change to a republic. The last referendum retained the monarchy. I have mixed feelings. A change will necessitate government structural changes and I betcha a future referendum will be worded to provide them just that resulting in more power. Not power to the people. Already government answers to us only at election time there after it doesn’t take long for arrogance to establish again. Give them more power and that will worsen. Besides a third tier of federal government will make it even more difficult to govern.
At this time monarchy won favour with the with the visit to Australia by popular Prince Harry and his new American wife Meagan even though they are way down the pecking order.
Government arrogance is an age old problem dating back before the birth of Christ.. -- Socrates said, “the arrogance of government must be kerbed”. Socrates died in 399BC.
I don’t think there is any easy answer. 40 Delux do tell me what you think the answer is. Your view is welcome.

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 11-21-2018 at 07:07 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote