View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 10:03 AM   #1
Will N

Default Front tire excessive wear

Man, my Fordor blows through front tires crazy fast. I've tried he following: I straightened the axle to remove a bow (someone must have towed it from the center of he axle in he past). While off, I checked the alignment and angles of the kingpin and spring perch holes, and they were fine. I've check and reset the toe-in to spec a number of times. I've tightened the tie rod and drag link ends to remove play. I've adjusted the 2 tooth steering box and there's very little play in the wheel. I've got new hubs and wheel bearings, with the pre-load set correctly. The kingpin bushings have no play. The tires are balanced. The radius rod ball is not worn and it's in the original type steel socket. The shocks have good resistance moving up and down. The spring is not sagging- there is good clearance between the spring eyes and the axle. The shackles and bushings are new. These are Firestone 19" whitewalls that are kept at 35 psi religiously. The wear pattern is even right across all the treads. They are not feathered or scalloped. They can't have more than 4,000 miles or so on them and they are close to having to be replaced. The rear tires look brand new almost! Any suggestions?
Will N is offline   Reply With Quote