View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 12:09 AM   #301
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill-F1 View Post
GB,
Like flatford8, I like to see other workshops too. It is interesting what others do and have in the background.
In your post #298, in the third photo, under the rear of the truck, on the right hand side, there is a tool tote like the ones we used in cable splicing for the telephone co here.
Where you a telco cable splicer?
...Terry
No that's just a tool bag I found along the way. I do have some pretty good stacks going on down in that shop. As for stuff in the background, one of my favorite artifacts which is shown in a lot of my photos is my Aerothrust outboard motor. Manufactured in the '20s in Chicago, it converts any rowboat into an 'everglades' type airboat. The base below allows clamping to the boats transom and adjusts for tilt. It's a horizontaly opposed 2 stroke twin and it is extremely loud and uses a 10/1 oil mix so the exhaust is pungent. Haven't tried it on this canoe as it feels too top heavy. Aerothrust's literature shows a similar engine/blade setup with a different bracket for mounting behind the seat of a bicycle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3939.jpg (85.9 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3940.jpg (88.3 KB, 103 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote