View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 06:36 PM   #17
L78CHEVELLE

Default Re: 40 V8 compression change all cylinders same time

Tried another compression gauge and put some oil in the cylinders with the same results of 60 to 65 in each cylinder. Checked the exhaust today to see if anything was plugged. Everyone may laugh at my method for check the exhaust system. I put a shop vacuum hose in the tail pipe and made it good and tight. The shop vacuum pulled good air from the front of the engine with the intake off and me turning the engine over with the starter. Next step is to take out the radiator, fan, crank pulley, distributor, front engine cover and see what I find. I can find no one local to help me with this deal and have become very discouraged. Thanks to all on the Ford Barn for giving me ideas of how to correct this problem. New rebuilt engine with a compression problem has taken the wind out of my sails. Will post what I find when I take off the front engine cover if I can figure out what I am looking at. Should there be a dot on the cam gear and a dot on the crank that line up together if correctly installed?

Last edited by L78CHEVELLE; 04-01-2019 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Did not include all the up dates.
L78CHEVELLE is offline   Reply With Quote