View Single Post
Old 09-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #5
DougVieyra

Default Re: lorin sorensen's fordiana series books

$50 a book sounds about right, if they are in excellent condition. If they are from Silverado Publishing, in excellent condtiong, signed by Lorin and in their original boxes, they probably would be well-priced at $75 a book.

I visited Lorin several times at his vineyard in the Napa Valley and got all of his books from him, signed ofcourse. I also bought 3 or 4 duplicates - all of which are still in their boxes.

As has been said, these are great photo albums of Fords when they were new. T's and V-8s as well as Model A's. I think you will cherrish these books long after the pain of the $50 per book is gone. And don't forget, as has been said, if you have patience you may be able to find them at a lessor cost. Mr. Google has been a friend to many a Model A'er.

The real thing here, as in all things, is Supply & Demand. While these books are GREAT, few people know of them and hence, their 'market pressure' is weak. If they were more well known I am sure that the demand would be strong enough to put their value where it probably belongs - $100 per book.

- Doug Vieyra, Eureka, Calif. Today's high of 98 degrees.

- (98 degrees ! ;. . . . . Just to see who is sleeping . . . . .)

Last edited by DougVieyra; 09-12-2014 at 09:21 PM.
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote