View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 01:01 AM   #36
Synchro909

Default Re: Which Model A for a coast to coast trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in Anaheim CA View Post
Fairview,

My wife and I did an 8 week trip around the country in our 28 Tudor some years ago. It was magnificent. We covered 40 states on that trip and now have driven over 100,000 miles on the old girl. Picture in Avitar was taken on that trip in Vermont.

You can do it in a totally stock Model A but a Snyder head will get you up Pikes Peak and lower noise and vibration with an overdrive makes a more relaxing trip. My second recommendation is a Fordor. They pack far easier than other models and the bench seat is more comfortable.

I love to talk, especially about driving Model A's. I have all the time in the world in my self imposed quarantine. Feel free to send me a PM and give me your e-mail address. We can chat.

Richard
Anaheim CA
R, We are already friends on this forum and I would not miss the chance to tell Model A stories about our travels too. I just don't remember who I have told what to so you might get some you have already heard.
As good as email is, I think Skype is better so maybe....? (problem: this computer does not have a camera but that is your good luck!)