View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #30
TAshcraft

Default Re: To restore or not to restore; that is the question!

I have useed the Whitney's tire bleach and a magic eraser on the white walls. Anyone have any "tricks" to get them really white? I have them looking better than the pics above now but wouldn't mind if they blinded me, lol. As far as when he gave it to me, I must be honest; I served 4 years in the Marine Corps Infantry and another 4 in the Air Force so emotions are not my forte. When I was cleaning it, when the pics were taken, and he walked out and handed me the title, I cried like a baby, snot and all. This is his number 1 most prized possession EVER! The radio doesn't work and I see that earlyford.com (I think) has the parts to replace the knobs. The radio turns on but the station knob won't turn. You guys migh have a trick for that too. Like I stated earlier, I'm not a car buff, until now, but any help you can give is GREATLY appreciated. I am going to change the oil in it this week, I ordered the filter. I took it out the Sunday after he gave it to me and put about 60 miles on it and it ran great. Drips about 5-6 drops of oil after each drive, looks like the rear end has dropped a few drops. Oh and of course I got a screw in the tire on that trip. I actually took my kids down to the old Ritz theater in it, I'll post a pic so you can see the car in front of the theater. Thanks for the comments and ideas. I feel like I have won the lottery! Thanks again. TA
TAshcraft is offline   Reply With Quote