View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 02:10 AM   #733
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

It has been years since I’ve seen my friend Pat.

But today we met up and what a great time we both had reminiscing about past times. You see both Pat and I were operators of the same era.
Pat was once a big drinker and big smoker and suffered poor health. He has changed his ways and whilst I don’t expect him to be totally pure he looks well and his memory is sharp. I too have improved my behaviour but don’t expect to be quite as pure as Pat is today.
We both were worn out by job pressure. In my case the management and operational issues. I wish I had employed a manager.The flying was easy and whilst days and seasons were long the flying was not so wearing. Most of these days were spent in a small cockpit and that provided solitude. I didn’t mind that and infact enjoyed it.
We spoke about incidents and I was enlightened by the reasoning for some that I could never figure out why these occurred and why they turned out the way they did. Two were cases where the wrong chemical was applied by a third party to a crop and poisoned it and an endeavour to cover up.
I told Pat how at our annual conference a chemical representative asked us users if we would like any changes made to productor packaging. I said yes. Colour code the containers for insecticides, for fungicides and for herbicides. The speaker absolutely ridiculed me and this I told Pat. Pat said the same happened to him some years later and he too was ridiculed for suggesting exactly the same. He was told the label will suffice. Well had that recommendation was acted upon neither of those above incidences would have occurred.
Whilst we have many friends in common and one common enemy, the government’s bird brain servants encompassing many departments.. The CEO of the government chemical registration authority addressed us. He was here to help us. When I told him I had to mice bate illegally because there was no registration for any rodenticide. Could he help us with that please. He rambled on. I asked him again being more specific and he said no. Here to help? Don’t government servants waffle? Not just this fellow, but most of them. Plenty of talk but nothing to say. There is one thing they all do so well, cover their arse. Big business likewise, they advertise what is trendy at the moment. People too are at fault. We can be herd animals and lemmings. But thank goodness some of us are independent thinkers and cannot be influenced by the bull. There was once an American president who coined a saying about just that. You all know what he said.
In addition to red tape there is green tape. you can see the resemblance between the cartoon and portrait. Do you know who the individual is?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg public servant 1.JPG (63.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg public servant 2.JPG (36.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg public servant 3.JPG (20.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg public servant 4.JPG (10.3 KB, 253 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is online now   Reply With Quote