Thread: Bert's
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 02:37 PM   #26
5window

Default Re: Bert's

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
31 Model A- At Bert's, actual shipping charges means actual shipping charges.

If your $9.95 part was small, it would be a small shipping charge. If it was a large part, it would be a larger shipping charge.

We ship small things in USPS flat rate boxes when possible, since many Model A Parts are heavy. These boxes are $5,$11,$13, and $15. All states cost the same.

Some folks don't like the USPS, and ask us to send them via UPS. If that is what they want, then we do that. UPS just changes their rules last week, and now require EVERY box be measured AND weighed, and they charge the amount dictated by that data. They also charge more for rural delivery, residential delivery and they put a fuel charge on every package, to calculate the total.

Sales taxes are never charged on items shipped state to state unless the seller has a store in that state (which often happens with REI, Amazon, and other large companies.)

I will never, and have never picked on our competition, on a public forumn, because they are all good people. They just have a different philosophy regarding shipping costs to their customer. I am a frugal person, and we try to make ANY costs less to our customers, since many of them are frugal as well.

If anyone needs a shipping quote, just call or email us and we can give that (did that several times this morning).

You live in Pennsillvania, so it makes sense that you would by nearby. You have several great options near you. Most folks do not. We ship mostly to the west coast, midwest, and southwest since we are geographically closer to them. Saves on heavy shipping costs and time in transit.

We are a small business in business for 35 years, and we love Model A Fords. Our new catalog coming out next week, has all of our employees cars pictured on the cover, because we own them and drive them, and enjoy the thousands of people we have met in the last 35 years.

ALL of us , that are lucky enough to make a living in this field, are just regular guys, making a living and meeting great people in a great hobby that we love.

Steve Becker
Berts Model A Center
modelastore.com
800-321-1931
Steve, that was my post. I appreciate your taking the time to answer. And, I know Bert's has a great rep. I am, indeed, fortunate to live in a part of the country where we have multiple sources of supply-not only Mac's and Bratton's, but everyone coming to Hershey and Carlisle-huge shows with many offerings. And, I'm less than 10 miles from Bill's Model A Acres-a great source for parts and information.

I guess my only concern for you would be that I can't determine even an approximation of the shipping from your website. That dissuades me because I cannot determine if you're my best option or not-and, sometimes, given availability,price and your reputation for service, that might be my best option.

Thanks again and I hope you guys are around for a long time.
5window is offline   Reply With Quote