Thread: paint $$
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 10:36 AM   #34
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: paint $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1932 View Post
Funny, I was struggling with this on painting my 32 Tudor. I think it is not so much that adding a $10k to $15k paint job is more than what I can sell it for. I think it is more that I can buy a nicely done car while selling mine for.

I am also realizing though, that in the end I am getting MY car which I will 100% know what has and hasn't been done to, and the history of working on restoring the car. In the end the cost will be about the price of a new mid range sedan... I will take the 32....
Generally speaking, nothing could be further from the truth based on my first-hand experiences. I cannot begin to tell you how many people I have spoken with about restoring their car and they tell me "I will just sell mine and buy one that is already restored for less money, ...only to be calling me wanting to get their newly purchased one repaired. Then they realize with all the things that will need repairing on their new one, it wasn't as nice of a car as they were lead to believe before the purchase.

Think about it, families/people generally do not sell a car if they are still using it and having fun with it. More often than not, it is the unreliable ones that have issues that get sold simply because someone is tired of fooling with it.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote