View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #8
California Travieso

Send a message via Yahoo to California Travieso
Default Re: Way off topic.. Ryan.. let this run a little..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
We had XP and I loved it, worked great, had a lot of free stuff then Microsoft got greedy and forced everyone over to Windows 10. You want Microsoft Office?? It's gonna cost you do you want to pay monthly or a one time gouge? We found a free alternative

I bit the bullet, played their game, but never again when this POS dies I'm going over to Apple.
Jeff,

They are all the same. We've had Apple at home since the Apple IIe came out in the 80's because my wife can't figure out how to use Microsoft computers.

Apple keeps changing the processors and the operating system every couple of years. I had a perfectly good computer with a G-5 processor, then they went to an Intel processor and I had to buy a new computer because they stopped supporting software for the G-5. To top it off, I couldn't transfer my data to the new computer. Same thing with the iPhone and iPad--they upgrade the software and apps, and the old processor can't handle the new software.

The hardware and software companies are practicing planned obselecence just like the car makers. That's why the computer people are all billionaires.

David Serrano
California Travieso is offline   Reply With Quote