View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #44
old car guy

Default Re: First Model A 1930

Don't sell the t just send it down to sunny warm Florida and I will keep it on permanent vacation for you. Just love the old model t s it was the very first car I ever owned 25 tall t coupe and it cost all of 15 dollars. Drove it home slow and poor at that. But I could not have been more proud . Re did all of the wood eng tranny etc. painted and was a year from getting my drivers license and came home from school and it was gone. Seems that my dad had a offer from a fairly wealthy man at the time and he sold it. He just did not understand why I was upset. You only had 300.00 in it and I got 550.00 you made almost one hundred percent on you money. Funny thing was he never did get why I was upset. I really never forgave him for the sale but he was my dad what could I do.life went on. But the worst of it was for the nest 20'plus years I saw the car and the man enjoying the heck out of it. I begged him for right of first Refusal if he ever wanted to sell it. But one day he was driving a beautiful 29 roadster and that was that. Keep doing the pretty work I am enjoying the pictures Happy Holidays