Thread: Service Truck
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 10:30 AM   #19
Dick Steinkamp

Default Re: Service Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrs1961815 View Post
Cool truck BUT this car was unfortunately redone by an amateur and is starting to become a problem: Wiper motor works sporadically, leaky waterpump, pinholes in the fenders, clutch problem, MAJOR rust issues in the bottoms of those doors, and on the undercarriage. Although the truck may be rare, it was redone by an amateur at best and everything will need a good run through for the next owner. I wonder how much it will be worth to the next person?
I'm not a bidder and this is the first time I've seen this truck, but I think you are overstating the defects.

Wiper motor probably does need a rebuild...or at least a little lube on the seals.

Water pump may need replacement, or perhaps the shaft nut needs to be tightened a little.

May need a clutch or maybe it needs to be driven a little and the clutch slipped a little. Pretty common for the clutch to be "grabby" as described if the truck has not been driven in a while. Most smooth out after some miles.

Nothing is said about pinholes in the fenders only "seller reports the presence of pinholes in the paint finish on the fenders"

No MAJOR rust issues. Seller states "There is only a little surface rust on the inside bottom of the doors as shown in the pics (no rust through)"

I agree that it is probably an amateur restoration. If you are looking for a ready to show, fine point restored phone truck, this isn't the one. If you want an A truck that if fairly unique and won't break the bank, this one may qualify.