View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 11:59 PM   #15
The 39 Guy

Default Re: 2020 East West Flathead Reliability Run to Monitor WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
Just got home from a late afternoon trip in the woodie. I am still experiencing bucking and missing on the hills. It's hilly here, but no Steven's Pass kind of hilly. It's the 3rd gear long pull problem and just last week she quit altogether for a tow home. New rotor next morning vrooom, and on my way, but alas with the missing and sputtering recurring and 8 jobs going on at once in the woodshop, I'm wondering if I was to make the run in the 47 tonner with the diesel conversion, is that OK? There are no flathead ford guys on the island and I'm setting up to build a 255 merc for the woodie this winter. I know my tonner PU isn't a flathead any more and it certainly isn't a hot rod at only 210 cu in, but that inline turbo'd six climbs pretty well. At least I'd meet some flathead guys!
Well GB there is plenty of parking for non flathead powered cars and trucks on the property. We usually ask them to park on the south side of the field. I have parked there many times while my car was under construction or broken. Come on over and visit with the guys. Maybe you will find a solution to your missing and bucking problem while you visit.

Sam
The 39 Guy is offline   Reply With Quote