Thread: A&L Parts
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 09:49 AM   #11
37 Coupe

Default Re: A&L Parts

I never dealt with them before last week.I bought the $49.95 stop light switch a year ago from Bratton's and just recently installed it along with an all new wiring harness.Found it was defective and Bratton's was no help. It worked off okay,then braking lights would come on the go off on full pedal. I posted about this on Fordbarn and learned that Alan at A and L could help me and he did. No question he was surprised and sent me out a replacement for no charge.Got it the next day last week ,installed and it works great. Alan did not want the defective one back whichI thought mayby he would want to know why there was three positions instead of on/off or rather off/on. I took the defective one apart and what I saw was the round washer that moves along the copper strip seemed to be cut by the sharp edge of mounting hole for copper strip with just very few usage of the brake pedal. Material for this washer or spacer is some sorta plastic,not exactly Teflon almost look like old fashioned sinew,like clear plastic. I may be able to fix defective one but I will make a washer from Delrin or some other long wearing plastic material.Very happy with Alan and A and L service.