View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 05:42 PM   #5
JOHN CT

Default Re: Buying radial tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
That would depend on several things:

1) Are you just a local sort of driver, less than 100 miles from home or do you do longer trips? If (when!) you get a flat, then mixing a bias and a radial on the same axle will compromise handling safety. OK to get home a short distance but not the best situation to continue a longer trip.

2) Are you the you the type that rotates tires including spares to get max tread life? Apparently no from what you said. If that is the case think about the four new radials. If one gets a nasty enough cut that you would like to 'retire' (pun intended) it to the spare position you do not have another radial.

3) Are you OK with a spare that does not match visually?

I know what decision I would make, but the only decision that really matters is what is best for you.

Thanks
You talked me into buying the 5th radial tire. My mileage varies from year to year. 300 to 1000 a year. I’m very strong on safety and all tires should match.

I go to Hershey in October every year. I can order them and pick them up at the show so no shipping! And I can talk to a representative of Coker Tire.
JOHN CT is offline   Reply With Quote