View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 08:01 PM   #19
tubman

Default Re: how to remove coil 1941 merc

Quote:
Originally Posted by petehoovie View Post
Is this what you have? >

Or this? >

First of all, I am not trying to start anything here; I just want to expand my knowledge. Again, I am an 8BA guy, and most of my experience (I did have a bunch) with the early V8's was over 40 years ago.

Most of you know that I am making "Trash Can" condensers for use with high performance ignition systems. This endeavor is going quite well, and recently, I have received several requests to see if I could come up with quality replacements for currently available pre-war Ford condensers. to this end, I have obtained a good quantity of "dead" pre-war Ford condensers, both the '32-'36 variety, as well as the '37-'41 units.

My question in here is about the '37-'41 variety. EVERY example of these that are original Ford with script (however faint) cases is of the second variety shown in this post. I currently believe that the first type is strictly non-contemporary (witness the part number on the box), which I of course, have no interest in duplicating. Can any of you experts on pre-war units confirm this?.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote