Thread: uncanny stories
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 10:31 AM   #10
rockfla

Default Re: uncanny stories

Some may have saw this one in V8 times but here goes again for those who didn't. My Dad (again) was visiting a friend one Saturday across town and during the visit was introduced to a fairly new neighbor of our friend who had moved here from Seattle WA area. He worked for Boeing and traveled to several of the Navel Air bases here in North Florida as the Boeing Rep. The neighbor, who was a car guy, would go garage sale-ing with his wife most weekends as a hobby. While at a local garage sale, he picked up a 1941 Camp Blanding car tag #2934 as Camp Blanding was one of the Military installations he frequented for helicopters. During my Dad's visit, he found out the fellow was searching for some Model A parts, which my Dad had and a few weeks later a trade was made...The tag for the Model A parts. Several months later my Dad got a call from the same fellow he got the Camp Blanding tag from and he was inquiring about the tag......He had been on a trip back to home to Puyallup WA for a visit and while there, went garage sale-ing and found a 1941 Camp Blanding tag. He wanted to check the number against the tag he found.....and YES.....It was the mate to the first tag that he had found. About as far apart in the continuous 48 states as you could get. THE SAME TAG and the SAME person found both tags.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tagsCampBlan.jpg (66.0 KB, 2 views)
rockfla is online now   Reply With Quote