View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 10:33 PM   #17
Red98

Default Re: Fire Extinguishers

In my red sports vehicle - I made a bracket to mount the FE between the drivers door and seat. The bracket fastens using the bolts from seat to floor. There's generally just enough room and it presents a nice statement to those standing around when you open the driver's door.

!. Only use the somewhat expensive HALON aircraft FE. You may pay $100 or because it's made for aircraft use (available from Spruce Aircraft) and leaves NO residue or harmful fumes.
2. You want to be able to retrieve it easily from whether you are - either outside the car or from the driver's seat in a quick exit. Hence the ideal area besides the seat which is accessible with window open or when opening the door should you be outside the car.

I've seen several guys place the FE just in front of the passenger seat but with a passenger in the car you have a tangle with their legs and can't get it easily from outside the car.

Also many guys buy the $20 special and when it's used have a month's work cleaning up the mess.

I note someone mentioned HALON is banned ... not for aircraft and you buy it for you plane and install it in your car by mistake. Like I said, Spruce Aircraft Supply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bracket 3a.jpg (25.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Bracket 5a.jpg (40.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Bracket 1.jpg (73.7 KB, 14 views)
Red98 is offline   Reply With Quote