View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 07:06 AM   #6
Oldbluoval

Default Re: Some Hershey Observations

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
PA needs to wise-up on the sales tax thingy! I was a practicing CPA for 38 years and have a reasonable knowledge of sales tax. TN has what we called "the Girl Scout cookie sale rule". If the event is once a year, it is not subject to the sales tax.
I do not know if the PA DofR paints with a broad brush and says Hershey events are all one-in-the-same (I know there are more events at Hershey having to do with cars) and thus not just "one event" Also, a professional vendor who visits PA more often should be subjected to collecting sales tax. Laws are laws but when they stifle it isn't a good thing (albeit all taxes stifle!!)

Since I make a line of certain parts, I take a display board and take orders to be shipped when I return home. Also, many of my parts are not built until ordered as they are rather low demand but necessary when needed.

Ronn's assessment is a goodie....

"Biggest problem for me, is I keep looking back and remembering what Hershey was and now isn't, rather then just enjoying the moment."

I too am guilty and I really degrade my own visits by my perceptions! Also, many of my oldtimers (me too) have either passed or quit going so that affects me too.
Oldbluoval is offline   Reply With Quote