View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 11:09 AM   #27
DHZIEMAN

Default Re: Is fuel bubbling normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Karz View Post
I have a 31 Tudor. I notice that the fuel in the little plastic fuel filter I have on it seems to bubble as if boiling when I shut the engine off after driving. The carb is pretty warm but does not seem excessively so. Is this normal or does it indicate a problem?
Well, your observation could be a problem! Has this plastic fuel filter been installed for a long time or is it new?
How warm is the plastic filter? If the plastic filter is not hot, I would venture the bubbling has something to do with fuel flow from the tank or back from the carb! Not sure, but if the fuel filter is not warm or you can put your hand around it and it is just warm, the fuel in it certainly is not boiling! It may be bubbling because of fuel flow with air in it but????? As a test, I would suggest removing the inline filter, replace with a piece of copper tubing the same size and see if the bubbling moves to OEM glass sediment bowl. If it does still bubble, provide some feedback either way to those following this post.
DHZIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote