View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 05:37 PM   #34
shew01

Default Re: What are some of the counter intuitive things you have learned about a Model A?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30 Closed Cab PU View Post
A couple of additional notes.
Thanks so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Quote:
2) ... Up to you, may want to mention how the GAV/Choke Rod disconnects from the carb, also unique.
I added item 14 to post #1, but I need some help wording this one. I have no experience taking this apart.

Quote:
5) ... As a side note, I think motors were stamped on the line when installing the motor on the frame, to match the frame #. So the correct # is what is on the frame.
I updated the content for item 5 in post #1. I'm still not happy with how the wording flows.

Quote:
6) ... Also recommended is cleaning out the valve galley located behind the valve cover, and additionally cleaning the 3 small oil passages located in the rear bottom of the oil galley.
I updated the content for item 6 in post #1.

Quote:
10) ... It is recommended to use the Barn Search function as the vast majority of questions/subjects have been previously discussed. Forum members appreciate those who have done some homework before posting.
Good call. I have a dry sense of humor, and, sometimes, my snarkiness gets the better of me. ;-) I don't intend to offend anyone. I updated the content.

Quote:
13) ... it tends to clog carburetor parts and possibly score the gas shutoff valve.
I updated the content for item 13 in post #1.

Quote:
14) The GAV/choke rod connection to the carburetor is unique.
I need some help wording for this one--I have never had this apart.

I also added 15) and 16).
shew01 is offline   Reply With Quote