View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #11
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: generator or alternator

I also prefer the generator. I've run alternators and every one has failed. I also got lots of rude comments about my cars that had alternators. Comments like it didn't come with an alternator and If I had a model A I would want it to have a generator. I can rebuild my own generators. I really don't know anything about an alternator and when it quits working, its just an expensive throw away. I use the Fun Projects can style voltage regulators with my generators and never have a problem with either. One thing that is really a novelty to me is that you can run the model A generator on 12 volts with no modification, can use the original wiring harnesses, original ammeter and not a single wire needs to be reversed , as long as you run positive ground. I don't run any electrical accessories and don't feel that I want or need any. I have no problems running two tail lights for safety and my tail lights, brake lights, and headlights are bright. It cranks so quick that you can hardly let off the starter button quick enough. I love it and have often said that I have the best of both worlds.

Last edited by Purdy Swoft; 04-05-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote