View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 06:33 PM   #14
Joe K

Default Re: How many different truck doors are there???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_e View Post
Ok, I was finally able to get a decent pic of my inside passenger door. It sure looks a lot like the inside pic of the door posted by Joe K. And I was at a inside auction yesterday and met up with an older friend and he said the early 28 cabs used the 26/27 Model T coupe, pickup and AA truck doors. So it seems like I may have narrowed down my search for what door to be looking for. Anybody out there got a Model T Coupe, Pickup, AA truck drivers door?
The doors have been reproduced. Howell's was mentioned recently (not flatteringly) and they were the first. See www.fordor.com

I'm looking there and not seeing the doors. They used to sell the complete body for about 5 grand.

Snyder's seems to have the door at almost $1400 per copy. Add to this the garnish moulding, interior liner, window raiser, and door latch and possibly hinges.

Makes that $150 right hand door with the rot-out in the bottom look pretty good. I can do a LOT of welding at that price. I even bought the patch panels when they were about half the price they are now.

Joe K