View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 07:19 AM   #5
OLD AS I

Default Re: 59 V8 rebuild, no oil pressure, NO LONGER

Well, 1st thing I must do is mention its a full flow system, why I used the term 95% I don't know other then when I was trying to decide which way to go I asked on here and based on comments I decided on full flow.
So using all the comments I checked my plumbing and all was right, did change the fittings at the pressure gauge outlet a bit.
So I removed the prefilled oil filter, thought that was a good idea to prefill it, always do that when doing an oil and filter change, now wondering if when I do the next oil change on this CAN I NOT PREFILL THE NEW FILTER ?
Turned engine over without a filter and finally oil came out.
Inst'd an empty oil filter and turned it over with 12 volts to starter a number of times, was getting concerned about damage to starter using large 12 volt RV/MARINE battery so went back to 6 volt, had removed out line from filter and when oil started coming out inst'd line and continued cranking, saw oil (in plastic line) starting to go to gauge, stopped cranking to cool solenoid and get a Guinness, when Guinness gone recranked, got to 32 lbs.
Whole problem seemed to be the prefilling of the filter and being impatient, thanks to all for the comments, sure feels good when some thing comes together, feels 110% better than my friends who have their work done by others.
Now back to doing the 2 piece distributor/wiring
OLD AS I is offline   Reply With Quote