View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 11:41 AM   #7
JayJay

Default Re: Turlock swap 2023

This was my first time at the Turlock Swap Meet, and I was very impressed at the organization that the Modesto A's put into making it a success (P.S. and his lovely bride were "manning" the vendor entrance early on Saturday). Clearly marked spaces, wide accesses, plenty of help around to assist us newbies. All in all a class act. (Maybe next year set up some more coffee vendors...)

I was quite surprised at the number of Chevy folks there - both vintage and hot rod. I was especially impressed to see that there were several chrome plating vendors there, given that getting chrome plating done in California is getting more and more difficult (thank you, enviro-weenies). Most of these guys were there either for bumpers or for show cars. And I grant that the Model A hobby is contracting, but it took a lot of walking around to find the Model A parts guys. I was told that some years there are more Model A guys than others. I was able to find most of the parts I was looking for, and the ones I didn't find I can wait on.

I made a pass through everything, and my iPhone showed 7+ miles and 22,500+ steps! Lugging around a backpack full of iron and steel parts, I was a tired camper at the end of the day. Next year I will take a wagon. Brentwood B, I'm not sure whether I met up with you or not, I did talk to one guy who was focusing on shocks and carburetors, and was specifically looking for shock cores, so that may have been you.

All in all, definitely a repeat.

JayJay

------------------------
1930 Murray Town Sedan
1931 Briggs S/W Town Sedan

Last edited by JayJay; 01-31-2023 at 09:21 PM.
JayJay is offline   Reply With Quote