View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 02:21 PM   #1
Alberta50fordor

Default 8ba 275 carb options

Hey guys, I recently picked up a rebuilt a rebuilt 8ba, the guy I got it from didn't know much about (he had it listed as a 239) from what I’ve found it was done in the 80’s and it’s been sitting since, I found it has the 4” crank, bored .030 over, came with the offenhauser tri power intake and old offenhauser heads stamped 325, according to an old offenhauser chart that I found it’s now a 275 and with those heads it’s 11.3:1 compression, I also picked up a super dual intake as an option
My question is can I run the single carb intake on this engine since the stock 255 was ran with the the single 94, and can I run 87 octane fuel with these head or do I need 91?, I also have a set of the aluminum Ford 8ba heads I was considering running.
I do drive the car quite frequently pretty much year round so reliability and economy is more of a concern to me over speed(the first year I ran the car with a worn out 239 and this past year I’ve been running with another engine with incorrectly adjusted valves and a misfire)
Alberta50fordor is offline   Reply With Quote