View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 04:11 PM   #34
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Warning about c&g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post
I bought a new gas tank for 33-34 (part 40-9002-OR) and was told by them I would need part number 40-9003 to adapt the original sending unit to this new tank. $45 bucks. See page 121 of their catalog.

IT DOES NOT FIT, THE HOLES DO NOT LINE UP! My mechanic shop of over 25 years of working on my cars called them, to be told we didn’t know what we are doing. The employee on the phone rude and refused to listen. I spent thousands of dollars on parts, will never spend another penny with them.

Have been told by our local EFV8 parts place that they sold me a ‘35 adapter. Their catalog and part are incorrect.
Interesting when reading your first post it sounds like you didn't call personally and maybe you weren't even where you could hear the call. Did your mechanic start with an "attitude" when he made the call? Your mechanic ends up looking better if he solves a problem for you. Call them yourself. If this finally gets settled in a positive way please consider revising your title to be fair to them.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 09-12-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote