Thread: 8BA interest.
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #15
Tod

Default Re: 8BA interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony, NY View Post
I have to ask, why was there's such an interest in the Model A engine that you took it on? I'm a v8 guy so have no idea.I have to believe the interest in a v8 would be more than a 4 cyl. Of course, $$ matter.

I got into the Model A long before I knew the market for an 8BA was probably larger. Since I am so close to getting into regular production on the banger it made sense to back-burner the 8BA until about now.

I think I mentioned in previous threads that I would like to be in the mid-2k range for my 8BA blocks. They will have full-pressure oiling to the crank and cam journals. I slowed down on the 8BA so I could prove out my process ideas on other things first, like an OHV head for Model A and B engines and a couple of other heads. So far, that process is working to perfection. I had started re-direction of my 8BA casting process before now, but not to the degree I plan to from here out.

The one thing that might slow me down is the potential for more work from a possible customer who contacted me this week about making tooling for them. The good side of that is - this foundry can probably cast all of my iron castings, and they are only about 30 miles from my shop. The owner contacted me and wants to meet after this holiday weekend, next week, to go over what business we can do together.

Tod
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote