View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
37 Coupe

Default Oil leak at rear of engine.

Thought I would venture back into a Model A after 54 years of owning my first and going to V8 Fords. Just bought a Deluxe '31 roadster last week and everyday I run into something that was kinda deceitful by the seller. The car was owned by the same man for well over 50 yeaars but I bought it from his 78 year old son. I know what is wrong with the radiator ,it won't hold water so I gotta fix that or get a new one. The worry I have today is the good size oil leak out the rear,quite the puddle on the garage floor. Real blak oil,not like the clean oil just changed in sump. Does the rear main seal or sling like my '37 Ford V8? Does it collect in bottom of bell housing like a V8 so this may be old oil that has accumaleted over the years? Also found out the engine is a '28 or '29 by the serial number not the original engine I was told. My fault for not checking everything over better. Mayby start looking for an engine someone is pulling for a hot rod, seems that is picking up as Brookville is selling more A bodies. Any suggestions,thought it would be a good winter project for small stuff.