Thread: Car shows
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 09:17 PM   #85
pgerhardt

Default Re: Car shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGBnut View Post
Paul,

I was at the "Roaring Twenties" show in Bethlehem as well. I didn't see you, or any of the other Model A guys I usually chat with. I was parked between a Mustang and a Fiat. My buddy and I were referring to it as a "Car Salad."

My father is 88 years old. He would always meet in Southbury and we would start at the lower fence. Together we would look at all the Model Ts and go up through all the pre-war cars. They were all in the same area. At that point, he had seen what he wanted, and was pretty worn out. He would sit and I would go off and look at the other things I was interested in. Had he joined me this year, he could not have made the hike all over that field trying to find the cars that interested him. I'm glad he didn't come.

I really like that show, and I appreciate all the work that those guys do to put it together. I hope they get it straightened out for next year.

Ken
I did not come in my model A. My friend (who is handicapped) wanted to go in his 1935 Ford 3 window coupe street rod. I went with him and unloaded/loaded his stuff from the car. I was wearing a black T-shirt with my 29 tudor on it. Click on the link below to see the video I shot:

2017 Roaring Twenties Car show

I agree addending the old Southbury show was like visiting an outdoor auto museum - a great experience! Not this year.
pgerhardt is offline   Reply With Quote