View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 05:04 PM   #14
Synchro909

Default Re: Drinking Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortdog View Post
Thanks for the info. I am thinking the same about this motor. It is just like me. WORN out. If that is the case I will have a complete rebuild on it if it can be rebuilt.
In my opinion, the vast majority of engines can be rebuilt. It just depends on how much effort you are prepared to put into it.
When I was in the US a couple of months ago, I saw engines with nothing more wrong with them than a couple of stripped head studs being consigned to scrap. That was in an establishment that took great pride in providing top quality and they didn't want a block that was in any way less than perfect. The establishment shall remain nameless but I nearly cried when I saw blocks so much better than the one I used being discarded. There were plies of them stacked 4 or 5 high.
FWIW, The engine in my CCPU has 5 helicoiled head studs and has performed faultlessly for many miles.
Cracks are the most common reason for the demise of a Model A block, not a stripped thread which can be easily repaired.